Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Betrayal

Have you ever been betrayed by who you thought was a friend that you could confide in? Let me give a little bit of background. A friend ( or so I thought) of mine and I work for the same company. An official announcement was made that her direct boss was being eliminated from the company. Her boss had not told her when I talked to her. She literally must have hung up the phone with me and called her boss and said "I heard that you have gotten canned!" Now her boss called the Regional Manager that she reports too and also my boss reports to and threw a stink. Now I have been reprimanded over this.

Now a few years ago, the same "friend" and I had another situation where she opened her mouth and said things that I wish she hadn't. That time it was a personal matter that was mentioned in front of our coworkers. I took time away from her, she came to me, apologized and I found it in my heart for forgive her. She has now once again betrayed me. I don't know if I have it in me to forgive her again for the same thing. I'm done, I can't keep going with her. I guess sometimes you need something to slap you in the face so you understand how people really are.

No comments: