Thursday, May 29, 2008

Neighbors

Ever since we moved to Georgia, I have marveled over the fact that most of our neighbors are anti social weirdos. On one side, I have a young couple with no kids and no courtesy. They wash their cars in the driveway and leave the hose on all day so its floods our adjoining side yard. Not to mention that its illegal due to our drought status. They have not mowed their back yard at all this year, its now almost as tall as the 6 ft fence. The other side is an elderly couple. They wave but they do not even know our name, nor do they ask. Across the street, more waving and no name knowledge. All in all, I have one neighbor who has become one of my best friends. She is someone that I can count on if I need anything. She genuinely cares for my boys and goes out of her way to do special things for them. I thank god every day that she is here.

No comments: