Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day

I borrowed this from Rocks in My Dryer. In the spirit of Labor Day, let's talk about the real labor!
How long were your labors?
Kid #1, 14 hrs (not true labor, sporadic contractions due to bleeding)
Kid #2, 3 hours

How did you know you were in labor?
Kid #1, never went into true labor, bleeding due to placenta previa
Kid #2, water breaking.

Where did you deliver?
A hospital, or what I would call a baby factory for the 2nd one, busiest birthing hospital in the metro Atlanta area.
Drugs?
C-section with both, both general anesthesia due to severe anemia. If I had a epidural, I would have hemorrhaged in my spine and been paralyzed
C-section?
Yes, both times. Could not have a VBAC due to previously mentioned anemia
Who delivered?
Doctors, The first was the chief of OB who was called in due to the severity of all my problems. The 2nd was a Dr. from the practice I went to.

If you want to play along, visit Rocks in My Dryer and leave your link

No comments: